View Single Post
Old 11-16-10, 01:46 PM
illdthedj

Bikes: klein quantum, litespeed tuscany, bianchi pista concept, centurion comp ta, centurion super le mans, traitor ringleader

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
oh hey zombie thread! guess i will feed the zombie with my coaster brake pics. whatever excuse to post pics of bieks, right?

schwinn racer! was my brothers. took it, stripped all the super rusty paint, left it nekkid, put new wheelset on it. had it as beater bike for a year or so, gave it back to bro. too many bikes in my house lol

mixte i built for the GF! an old raleigh mixte bike i bought off craigslist. wheelset and gears were garbage so got a coaster brake wheelset off velomine, spray bombed the frame, added a few things....nice to have the girl come along on rides!

of course one of the cheapest builds i do becomes my favorite to ride. an old phillips 3 speed frame from the 60s bought for 10 bucks, origin8 b43-knockoff wheelset (works for me), coaster brake obviously. parts bin and presto!

seriously, there is something both extremely gratifying and nostalgic about busting a couple cars-length skids on a coaster brake bike ;p