Old 11-23-10, 07:57 PM
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 764 Times in 431 Posts
OK. First off, I had nothing so grandiose in mind as a subforum, just a sticky. Second, my only intention was to provide a focal point for older folks who've been involved in SSFG for a while and who began prior to the 1990s when it became a "culture fad" thing. I've never thought of myself as a SSFG person, just a cycling enthusiast who's used these types of bikes for specific purposes such as velodrome racing and winter training. Also, as I've become older and seen so many of my peers become unfit and unhealthy, I see cycling as a means of enjoying life, whereas younger people take this for granted. I think I've probably made a mistake in setting the age basis at 50, since apparently many 40+ riders are of similar mindset. So, I propose a thread entitled "Forty Plus (40+) SSFG" that I will request be stickied, which I will start in a couple of days if there is enough interest posted in this thread. Feel free to PM me if you have an opinion that you don't wish to post.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me

Last edited by TejanoTrackie; 07-24-22 at 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling