Thread: Eating status
View Single Post
Old 12-13-10, 08:10 PM
mollusk
Elite Fred

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by kensuf
Mollusk will mix the drinks...
I make good martinis, but to my mind martinis are gin drinks. Vodka has nothing to do with real martinis. The worst gin I ever use is Bombay. I have Sapphire in the freezer right now. Hendricks is great. Plymouth is also a treat.

My wife likes Cosmopolitans. I make them as well. You don't need really great citron vodka, but you do need really good cranberry juice. Spend your $'s there.

I also make wonderful margaritas. They are always 100% agave tequila. Don't go too good on the tequila because it will be a waste. Really great tequila should be taken straight and sipped. FYI Patron is not great tequila; it is margarita quality tequila. After that the second most important thing is fresh lime juice. I spent one weekend perfecting the recipe. It is a good thing that I took notes.

I also make a good "Caucasian" if you get the "Big Lebowsky" reference. That one takes zero skilz.