View Single Post
Old 01-20-11, 07:01 PM
sjvcycler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Creatre
So I've had this weird leg pain that has been bothering me off and on for the past two months or so. I was off the bike ~ two weeks in December and it still was there. It does not hurt when I'm on the bike, but hurts pretty solid the second I get off and the rest of the day when I bend my knee. I got my bike refit a few weeks back and it feels much better, but my leg still is bothering me in that one place. The fitter didn't really know why it hurt there, and was pretty confident in the new fit. I I tend to agree, I think I just haven't been able to heal it from the original injury before. I thought it was starting to get better, but after a 3 and a half hour ride today it's hurting pretty good again.

Was hoping to get some response here before I bit the bullet and go see a doc. Someone out there has had to have had this before, but I can't find any threads on it, only on the normal saddle to high/low or overtrained knee injuries. To me it feels like it just needs to stretch out, but I can't find a stretch that gets to it. On the diagram below, it's the light blue peroneus longus, and it hurts right on the bone or whatever that is that is hard on the right side of the lower right leg. It's really not even part of the knee I don't think. I have horrible hamstring flexibility and it looks like the hamstring and that connect, could that be the problem? I've been stretching my hamstrings a good bit and I think that is maybe why it was getting better for a while? Anyways any help is appreciated.

Do you heave health insurance? If so go see the orthopedist. I did and now I'm doing some PT for a pulled calf muscle that I thought was knee pain. With the leg you can't self diagnose leg pain. It took me more than half a year and a bunch of buying this or that to find out the dr. would have been the first best choice.