View Single Post
Old 03-13-11, 12:54 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5787 Post(s)
Liked 2,580 Times in 1,430 Posts
I don't know why the first shop couldn't fix it. Correct that, not all shops are familiar with ergo service, but they should know whether they can or can't. Ergo lever repair is unbelievably straightforward (I was Campy's east coast service tech for 5 years, until I quit) and your problem is almost certainly because of fatigued latching (G) springs, or a cracked support ring. These are inexpensive replacement parts and there's no adjustment.

I can't understand why Branford is reticent about confirming that their repair will work because if you replace the broken parts it works, there's no halfway.

Send it to Branford, or any qualified shop (I prefer the folks at Yellow Jersey in Madison) and there shouldn't be any problem except if there's more damage - like a cracked body.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.