Old 03-23-11, 07:45 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DX-MAN
DC, you're 100% right... but we both know how far that goes up the scale of "who cares?" As long as people measure a fellow traveler's worth by horsepower, we are gonna be off the back.
Yep, until we get the same number of cyclists on the road as in Europe, Asia, and the rest of the world we'll always be treated as a second class (or worse) citizen.

The sad thing is also that cases like that "good" doctor out in LA are actually flukes. But one has to be as brazen as that "good" doctor was before anyone will sit up and take notice and do what's right.

Originally Posted by Don in Austin
I agree with the above, still glad to see this guy get nailed in any case.

Don in Austin
Yes it is, hopefully he'll think twice about assaulting another cyclist. Hopefully others in Portland will also think twice before assaulting a cyclist.

I also liked the comment from one of the people who posted who said what we've said hundreds IF not thousands of times. That is that people like Mr. Fornstall should not only have their license taken, but should be made to ride a bicycle for transportation.

Also as we've said before as part of the requirement to get a drivers license people should have to ride a bicycle as transportation. I'd say for at least a year so that they can get a real feel for what it is that cyclists have to deal with on a daily basis.

Originally Posted by Profgumby
Agreed!
Thank you all. It was also nice to see so many of the commenters standing up for cyclist rights. I wonder how many of them are full time drivers and how long their conviction will last when they're on the road behind a "slow" cyclist who is causing them to be "late?"

Last edited by Digital_Cowboy; 03-23-11 at 07:49 PM.