Old 06-03-11, 06:42 PM
Jimmy Conway

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen; I'll be brief:

I just joined this forum yesterday,and when I saw this thread I thought I'd hit the metaphorical goldmine. You see; I just turned 40 last September,and I'm at a point in my life where I want to make the next 40 or so years healthier than the previous ones.After purchasing a Sting-Ray from Craigslist last Thursday, I thought that this would be a good place to start my leaf-turning.

To that end; I decided to do something I haven't done on a regular basis since I was 15 years old-ride a bicycle.

I also decided to (try to) stop doing something I've been doing regularly since I was 15-smoking.

I even bookmarked the Bicycle Glossary by Sheldon Brown to help me when I run across the inevitable questions.

So imagine my surprise when I read Sheldon's comments about the Sting-Ray....

I'll be the first to admit that there's some truth in what he said,and it's the truth that I agree with,but I also think that there's another side to the coin.

If this opinion is the general belief of the board; and if it means that I'll be mocked (openly or otherwise). I'm not sure I belong here....

The way I see it is this: Anything that gets me riding again-and consequently healthier-is a good thing.Plus; the financial benefits are not to be ignored.

I hope that there's more that agree with me than don't.