Old 06-05-11, 06:24 PM
Picchio Special

Bikes: '39 Hobbs, '58 Marastoni, '73 Italian custom, '75 Wizard, '76 Wilier, '78 Tom Kellogg, '79 Colnago Super, '79 Sachs, '81 Masi Prestige, '82 Cuevas, '83 Picchio Special, '84 Murray-Serotta, '85 Trek 170, '89 Bianchi, '90 Bill Holland, '94 Grandis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
I do not think they are inferior other than the graphics. On the graphics, this is an interesting hybrid, a lot like the Vigorelli Only Prestige but different, and Masi USA leaned over to the 80's fade paint. Still better than the most recent 3V "reissue" paint scheme with the all white seat tube. If the angles you mentioned are correct, then this small bike will handle better than a small GC, the small bikes usually got hampered by a shallow head angle to prevent toe clip overlap. During the time when this bike was new, Masi was in a box. The Gran Corsa was also not a bad bike, this one was similar to the Gran Criterium of the period, too similar, and the 3V was to me the logical step above this frame. And as you say American Paint made this bike a step above its price point competition at the time.
As I am wont to do: I will defer to repechage on this - though with mixed feelings, as I believe their are other factors at play here besides the obvious ones (i.e. degrees of separation from the original operation). But feel free to disregard my previous post.