View Single Post
Old 06-22-11, 12:08 PM
brawny
Grateful Tread

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Cardiac (hardtail MB/commuter), Aquila Pave (aluminum tourer)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone looking for someone to tour with?

Hi Folks,

Usually my wife and I tour together, but this year she's having problems with her achilles tendon, and to honest, I'm a little lost planning a tour without a partner. She's given me the go-ahead to tour without her, which is why I'm here looking for a tour to glom on to.

Last year we rode around Lake Ontario - 10 days riding, roughly 100k a day, loaded. We had a good time, camped some, stayed indoors some, saw some sights, and had a few beers along the way. That's the sort of tour I'm looking for. I've linked to my Crazy Guy journal from last summer here. Lots of pics, and a good description of our tour.

I have vacation for the first two weeks of August - and potentially the last week of July as well. I'm looking to hook up with a small group somewhere in Ontario or potentially Quebec as well. My preference is to camp at night, but I'm ok with the odd B&B - just trying to keep the cost to a minimum.

If this sounds like a fit, let me know and we can discuss offline.
Brawny
P.S. The more I read this post, the more it seems like some sort of creepy cyclist singles ad... Not my intention - just looking for an adventure!