2ndGen
CAADdict

Bikes: 2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kurogashi
Hey guys, I offered $900 and he countered back with $1000, should I take it?

He said he'll put it up on eBay if I don't reply. So what should I do now? Should I wait until the auction is over and add on like $50 to the closing value? Surely, he'll sell it to a local buyer instead, right? How exactly does eBay work, is he allowed to cancel the bid at anytime? Is the only consequence of not selling it to the final bidder, a bad feedback to his account?

It's a shame I won't be able to test ride a Caad10 anytime soon either (the only LBS that stocks Cannondales is quite far away), so i'll never really be able to compare the two... unless I can make him wait a few days (finally getting some time off from school/work on Wednesday), but by then he'll probably sell it to the final bidder.

What do you guys think I should look out for when inspecting/test riding the e5? My plan was to run my hand along the frame for any chips, cracks, and while riding, listen for any noises; drop the bike up and down a few times, etc.
Man, if that was my post, it'd already be answering itself for me.

You haven't ridden it yet and have already offered him almost $1,000.
You're already "concerned" about looking for any potential frame failures.
And, once again, you are paying to pay a G for a 6 year old bike that regularly
sells for much less which you will probably begin to upgrade as soon as you get it!

And you haven't even tested a CAAD10 yet and have already ruled it out?

Ride them, then ask.

(And to answer your question: IMO...No. Do not buy it. Not until you've test ridden both
and can confirm that the Spec is actually safe to ride by a more competent person, like an
inspection at a LBS.)

If money is a big concern, REI might have CAAD10's selling for "under" $1,200. right now.
Just a day or two ago, someone picked one up practically new with crazy upgrades for $1K.
Look around and be patient. If you go with the Spec, I truly hope it works out for you and
that you will be happy with it.

Last edited by 2ndGen; 06-25-11 at 08:53 AM.