View Single Post
Old 07-13-11, 11:12 PM
cervelo4me

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
i said that 6months ago the board jumped all over me

Originally Posted by Nick Bain
dropped the chain four time today. Chain is very slow from big ring to small ring, mainly it doesn't even go down if Im pedaling a hill cadence. and it does not like being shifted on both derailers at the same time.
i began road biking only 6 months ago my cervelo came with rival.from the beginning i felt like it was cheap and my chain dropped too.the board said to me get it adjusted and i did 5 times.still the chain dropped and often times the front large gears would not even shift.so i did two things.i called sram and they said we will send you a shim and we will upgrade your front derailer to force.then i went out and changed the rear cassette from a 11-25 rival to a 11-28 force.my bike is running perfectly and even a rookie like me can assure you that force blows away rival in every way.i imagine the red is even a big leap from force.call sram trust me on this they are in chicago and tell them whats going on ,tell them you want a force front derailer and a shim.the shim was told to me by customer service when i called them in chicago,and they said yes we know of this problem so we will send you a free shim and an upgrade to force just for your hassle.sram has my business for a long time now since they did not play games with me.by the way im on month 6 as i said and i cant find great bike mechanic to save my life.im now tuning my own bike from watching videos on you tube of all things.call sram and good luck