Old 07-31-11, 08:22 PM
tsl
Plays in traffic

Bikes: 1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax, 2016 Giant Talon 4

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by colpatrick
I'm kind of surprised we haven't crossed paths on the paths, yet.

Are you leading anymore RBC rides this season?
I'm mainly a road rider. I commute once or twice a week on the Canalway from Pittsford to Chili Ave, and when I take my hilly route to work, which goes through Mt Hope Cemetery, then UR, the Riverway to the Canalway to Chili Ave. I don't start work until early afternoon, so I'm likely to be cycling through at or shortly after lunch time.

I'm leading two more RBC rides this season.

Sun Sep 11, 1pm Map #232, Pittsford-Ionia. 29 miles, 1,560 feet of climbing on small hills. Meets at Schoen Place. This is a regular ride, not a no-drop, which means pace will be 15-16 for the slow group, 18-19 for the fast group. I may be slower because it's the day after the Highlander Cycle Tour and I'm likely to be very, very sore.

Sun Oct 16, 10am Map #10, the Ten Parks Tour. 58 miles, (with 33 mile option), 2,380 feet of climbing on moderate hills. Includes a rest stop at Bushnell's Basin, and a lunch stop at Sea Breeze. Meets at Cobbs Hill Park by the pond and tennis courts. It's my favorite ride in all of RBC-land and I lead it twice a year, spring and fall.

The Ten Parks Tour is too long to be an official "Sweeps" ride, but I run it like one. I lead the ride from the rear and faster folks are welcome to take off ahead. Sweeps rides are intermediate-level rides--a step up from Slow and Easy--and as such, participants should be able to ride an average speed of at least 12 mph (20 mile ride in 1 hour 45 minutes or less). By adding some miles to this ride, I've helped several people achieve their first metric century (100 km, 62.14 miles).

Last edited by tsl; 07-31-11 at 08:32 PM.