View Single Post
Old 08-14-11, 09:12 AM
b17dga

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Loose Ultegra Cassette

I was riding round on my old wheels for ages and the came with 9 speed (rubbish) cassette. My bike has 10 speed shifters so I went on a bit of an over haul, bought some new wheels and new cassette. I am trying to put them all back together and the cassette feels loose laterally when the lockring is fully tightened.

The wheel is a Rolf Vector Comp wheel and the cassette is a 10 speed 11-23 ultegra cassette. I am aware that Mavic hubs needs and extra spacer at the back of the cassette and it kind of feels like this is needed.

There are no spacers missing and they (I think) are all the correct size. I have noticed that the 11T cog (compared to my old 12T smallest cog) is not grooved "all the way through" like all the other cogs are, it is only grooved "part way" so it rests on the top of the splines rather than being able to tighten down on the other cogs (if that makes sense).

ANY help or ideas would be much appriciated as I don't want to go back to the 9 speed cogs as these are wrong and wrecked.

THANKS

Ralph