View Single Post
Old 08-14-11, 12:44 PM
ArchEtech

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
A lot of Trek models now have various geometry's designated at H1, H2, or H3. H3 being the most relaxed. My 5.9 has an H2 frame and seems plenty comfortable to me. I've done plenty of longer rides on it to include several over 100 miles and have no issues with the comfort.

Any frame is relaxed with a stem like that (just jabbing ). I have my bars tilted up a bit so the shifters are at a weird angle.... But it's what I like!

I have a madone 4.7 H2. It's considered slightly more "relaxed" than H3 but I think it would depend on getting fit for your specific body type. A Madone may or may not be the answer. I think the Madone have a slightly longer top tube per frame size which may or may not be more relaxed depending on fit. You could equally set up a Madone to be pretty aggressive. Of the other bike in my limited experience. The Fuji CCR was more upright, as was the Fuji ACR than my Madone but the sizes were all different. Recently before buying the MAdone I found the Specialized Rubioux to be more relaxed than my Madone, and the Tarmac maybe more aggressive but I'm not really sure there was much difference. I would think most here would agree fit would have a lot to do with it, and for comfort don't get a frsm/fork that's too stiff. The LBS has the opinion that the Madone 4 series are pretty stiff compared to the giants and cervello they sell but who knows.