View Single Post
Old 07-04-05, 08:28 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Hey Mike Like Bike - congrats on the 7200 FX! I just helped my parents purchase a couple of 7200s, and you're right - they're great bikes!

Anyway, I posted photos of this bike back in February, but it's undergone some changes since then, so I'm reposting it. The bike is my Miyata 210 commuter/tourer/all-rounder.

The first photo is the bike as it was the day I purchased it, second-hand. The second photo is of the bike about a month and a half later, as I was using it for commuting to work and around campus. The third photo is the bike in its current state (sorry for the small size and white border-thing). As you can see, I now have red and green handlebar tape, which looks pretty classy with the blue-painted frame, if I do say so myself. The wrapping job on the right side is kind of iffy, though - cloth tape is much harder to wrap than vinyl! I also finally caved in and bought some shiny new Tektro cantis. The brakes I've had in the past have either a) fit correctly or b) had good stopping power. These do both! And on top of that, they look nice. In its present form, this bike weighs in at almost exactly 30 lbs - definitely a solid commuter!

Unfortunately, although I love it very much, this bike has problems with fit and compatibility for parts and accessories, so in about a year I plan to build up a Surly LHT for touring work and use this bike as more of a runabout/beater for errands - perhaps as a singlespeed or fixie. Until then, it will probably (finally) remain more or less unchanged, as I am at long last satisfied with my setup!

Hope you like my pictures!