sudo bike
Bicikli Huszár

Bikes: '95 Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by buzzman
I just spent two days shooting a fight scene in a movie. In the scene I am body slammed full force by a 350 lb guy into the side of a parked car, kicked in the groin hard enough to raise me off the ground by the same guy wearing heavy work boots, collapse to my knees and then am thrown hard to the pavement. The scene took 2 days to shoot so I did this again and again. Anyone who does not think that a little bit of foam and plastic provides substantial protection should work a day like this without that kind of protection.
Yeah, and if I was going to be shot I would probably want a bullet-proof vest too, but that doesn't mean I'll walk around with one on the off-chance I get shot. See how this logic doesn't follow?

(Also, none of this means diddly about the ability of a helmet to save lives or prevent serious injuries. No one here is claiming helmets don't mitigate minor injuries and potentially save you from some painful injuries/gashes; only that they don't save lives and prevent serious, debilitating injuries, especially to the extent which is widely believed).