View Single Post
Old 10-05-11, 12:14 PM
MJH2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nixternal
If I remember correctly, there was this lawyer type dude in a BH kit that told me and it was passed on, not to hand out the award just yet.
We don't want something we didn't earn. Don't hate me for being honest! Nobody on the BH is upset with ABD. We had an absolute blast and are all grateful you guys went through the effort do put the Fling on like you did.

Suspicious tactics? You mean like locking up the brakes on the front to make everyone check up while they send a couple guys off the front? I have a brand new gp4000s with a really large flat spot because of them dicks. You would think once would be enough, but it wasn't, they decided to do that **** again on the crest of the hill right past start/finish on the bell lap. Because of that I dropped my chain. Seems shifting and locking up the brakes don't work to well.
By my count, only two of their riders registered (both current and expired) on USAcycling.org have had licenses shorter a couple of the guys on our Cat 3 team. So, they've had about 30 guys who have been racing longer than our 3's. Many have been licensed longer than me (in my second year as a three... and I didn't get there quick). Yet they scored about 80% of their points in the masters 4/5, Cat 4 and 5's.

They can either move more guys up to the "big boy" races, learn to race bikes and gain proper respect as a "racing" team, or keep mobbing masters 4/5's fields with questionable tactics 3 times a year. At least the latter allows them to brag about all of their "big" race wins at the rest stops for whatever the next organized century they do next. That's my opinion, anyway.

I will say though that this Fall Fling was a lot of fun. I had a lot of respect for BH riders, but after riding wheel-to-wheel for 2 weekends straight made me respect them even more. Very clean riders and if they make a mistake they are quick to apologize and get back to working together. On this past Saturday we (ABD & BH) were working together fairly well for pretty much the entire race. ABD did have one sketchy youngster that not only scared the **** out of us ABD riders but I know made a few BH'ers pucker up a bit as well. ABD & BH, the only 2 teams pointing out any type of hazards during the race. Well done.

Also PSIMET rocked the house. Aaron kicked some ass, and congrats on that dude. Also we had a bad accident on Saturday and Tim Speciale showed just how good of a dude he really is. He stuck right there with the severely injured rider while he was injured himself. Thanks Tim, even though I am pissed you didn't give me one of those big chocolate donut things you were chomping on while you were leaving.
No doubt, man. I know Tim has been banned on here about a zillion times. He's a decent guy. He had/has a hole in his leg the size of a quarter.

Notwithstanding that, I tried to steal the donut, too (seriously).

I'm really encouraged to see that latest update on Charles. He put in a hell of a ride. That could have been any of us.