View Single Post
Old 10-16-11, 10:13 AM
3 circles

Bikes: 1997 Giant MB, 2011 Felt Z85 Road Bike...and searching. Why didn't anyone tell me that when you get into biking you develop a sick need to own more & more bikes!?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010, was riding with a buddy of mine around the lakes in MPLS. We were on the biking side of the path ( where we were suppost to be) and this runner just decided to enter on the path running the "wrong way" towards us. My friend and I were clipping along pretty good pace and there were another group of guys ridding directly behind us. -- I called out to her, but she didn't hear me because of her head phones. SoooOOOo, I had to make an executive decision: Lock up my brakes and have a "Dog pile" -OR- take the "road less traveled by" off into the shrubbery.

Obliviously, I took the road less traveled by and took the brunt of it on my left knee and hands. -- When I got up, I turned around to see it the runner had realized what she had done, and was COMPLETELY oblivious...and she just kept on running. -- I was bloody, frustrated, and felt like an idiot but found a little redemption in knowing that I, "took one for the team"...I could have been a lot worse if we had a pile up! Note to self: slow down a little on those urban trails cuz ya never know what kinda YAHOO will do something unexpected! Ya live, ya learn!!!

Last edited by 3 circles; 10-16-11 at 11:48 AM.