Thread: TT on road bike
View Single Post
Old 12-06-11, 09:16 PM
Capacity08

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New guy here, but long time forumer. I know thread jacking is frowned upon, but I feel like this would fit in fairly well here, and I don't want to flood the boards with another TT thread.

I'm going to be doing a 13 mile, non-aero equipment TT. Its mostly flat, with a hill towards the middle. I don't race, this will be my first race season, but I am a collegiate track athlete @ UW Stout.

My question is what can I do to be aero without violating the non-aero rules? I'm willing to do some taping and what not, and even shave the legs (I'm sure I'll catch hell for that one) I want to do everything I can...

Also, as far as rider position goes, is time best spent in the drops? I can ride the drops comfortably without a problem, but I've also seen some form in the pros where they rest their forearm/wrists on the bar tops and get into an aero tuck on their roadbike...but without aero bars. I can do this comfortably as well. Which is more aerodynamically efficient?

Anyways, sorry I jacked your thread rotti, but I think any info provided could be beneficial to the both of us. If not, I'll just quietly continue milling around the forums...

Thanks guys