Old 12-29-11, 04:00 PM
soma2x

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Perfect for NOOBS?!!

Could you be any MORE judgmental?! How about perfect for anyone who doesn't want to be limited to one pair of shoes. I ride at home, I ride at work and I've been riding pretty regularly for about 30 years. Yes, I've tried clipless several different times and I liked them. I think clipless are a little bit better than Powergrips, maybe 9 out of 10 as compared to 7 out of 10 for pure performance/power transfer. However, there's an added inconvenience factor with clipless. If you leave your shoes at work, you can't make the club ride on Saturday. If you ride clipless, you can't wear your shoes inside without digging up a wood floor. If you need to track down your kids in the neighborhood, you have to go find your clipless shoes. With Powergrips there's really none of that. Only issue with Powergrips is if you adjust the straps to fit your cycling shoes (I use MTB shoes without cleats), they might be too tight to use with thicker running shoes (but not with Chucks if you have to). Bottom line is clipless IS better but not for everyone.