Old 07-18-05, 07:40 PM
wonderboy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
let me help out a number of you who are frustrated. i too placed an order for the 99 cent shipping last weekend, also used the 20% off coupon that was valid then.

i got a confirmation email the day I placed the order, but 3 days later no tracking info. long story short, the order never "downloaded into the computer system."

So when they told me this, i asked to speak to a manager, told them how ridiculous it was for an order to dissappear, and ended up not only getting the order replaced with a retroactive 20% off, but I made them ship it FEDEX OVERNITE SATURDAY home delivery by 12 noon for FREE.

So it ended up being cheaper than the 99 cent shipping and i got it faster. As crappy as their front line phone staff is, their managers will give you eveything you want until you're happy - you just have to ask (demand). They never even made me argue. Never let a phone rep say "there's no way they'll let me do THAT for free" or "you can't combine that offer" etc. Make them do what they say they do, always ask for a manager (don't believe the "there's none available right now," say you'll hold and one will be there in a matter of a few minutes), and always ask for more than you think you deserve. They're making a fortune off us, even with lowest prices - make them EARN your business as I have.

for every time someone complains about a mishap, I have one too, but also a remedy that cost performance a ton and made everything work out better.