View Single Post
Old 05-01-12, 05:28 PM
jammincakes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Frames?

I have a frame that (I feel) is in need of replacing; the fork's steerer tube needs some fixing, and the paint job on the main frame is bad. (Don't spray paint your frame!)

So, I'm in the market for a new frame. Unfortunately (or not), I have a threaded headset (miche advanced) and a nitto stem that I would like to use. Should I stay with a threadless frameset (which I plan buying a new stem if I go threadless) or use my new parts on a threaded build?

It's gets complicated. I have a bike with a threaded stem, so I could use the Nitto stem, but what could I do with the headset? (I would need a shim as well.) And what should I buy for a new frame, if at all? What are some favorites?

I was looking at the Kilo TT's, and the lugged Kilo Team framesets. How are those? Or a Rumrunner? Lo Pro, IRO, what?

A guy is also selling a bareknuckle for $250 on CL, with BB and headset installed. Is this too good to be true? It's also a little far away from where I live, but I could make the trip. And then we're back to the parts I already have and what to do with them.

Done