cooker
Prefers Cicero

Bikes: 1984 Trek 520; 2007 Bike Friday NWT; misc others

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3947 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenFix
Sorry, I do not have my pics here yet. I was thinking that in the other forums, there are pages and pages of bike pics. It would be nice to have pics of the bikes people commute on. I know around here I like checking out people commuting rides to see how they have modified them for comfort, visibility, utility, and style. Has this been started on this forum before? Could we lobby for a sticky?

I'll post some pics after the weekend when I can get some pics.
Thanks for the invitation to post pictures. I hope you'll see mine with this post - first attempt at uploading pics.

I've commuted to work for 14 years, deliberately on grungy, theft-repellant, but good quality used bikes. My main trusty steed, soon to be converted to fixed gear, is a second-hand 1980's Panasonic road bike (not shown), and my backup is a previously owned 1990's Norco Bigfoot mtn bike (shown, with Green Party sign from last Canadian fed election). They have both sustained a lot of wear on the drive train and have begun to skip a lot, so rather than invest more than their worth (yes, I spelled "their" correctly) in new chains, cranks and freewheels I thought I would get two replacement bikes. My "new" road bike is actually a vintage 1984 (for any other commodity that last phrase would be an oxymoron) Trek 520 bought on E-Bay (shown). My other new bike actually IS new... a Bazooka Dakar full size folding mtn bike. I don't ride on ice, so in Toronto that means 120-140 commuting days per year, on a 17 km round trip through downtown.

Robert