View Single Post
Old 05-27-12, 07:48 AM
Citoyen du Monde

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by joe englert
Most interesting indeed. I emailed the 'cinelli only" gentleman and he is not sure that it is a "cinelli". mmmm I wonder who would go to all the bother of having the engraved fork crowns,,,brake bridge etc etc with the flying c just to make a counterfit? he wanted a pic of the bb. that to in cinelli..i know that doesnt mean a thing since ive seen many many bikes with cinelli bb. but all the other cinelli bits look like quality engravings to me. The gal i got it from also seemed honest enough although she was just saying what the girl she got it from told her so???? here is a pic of the bb if anyone is interested. At any rate, i think i will give her a buzz again to see if she can verify anything
I too have doubts about its authenticity as a Cinelli. I think that it is yet another bike built up with Cinelli framebuilding components, that when it needed to be repainted was taken to mean it was a Cinelli. The fork crown, lugs and BB shell of this bike are all items that Cinelli sold to framebuilders...