SnowJob
Dirt junkie.

Bikes: Surly Ice Cream Truck, Peacock Groove road bikem, Salsa Fargo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TwoFourOne
The past few times I've been there, the employees have all been really nice to me. But I can't say the same about the owner - he alway seems to be angry for no reason. I'm 16 and I'm always really courteous, so it's not my attitude or anything. He just gives snarky answers for most of the things I've asked him, and generally isn't very friendly.
I gotta say, from lots of different bike shop experiences, that some bike shop dudes are just ********. It's not you that particularly irks him, more than likely he's well known in the cycling community for being cranky and ornery.

My guess for why this is: older bike shop dudes know the ebb and flow of bike sales and popularity. For a while they're king **** of turd mountain, the next thing they know they're kissing ass just to sell a 26" tube to some nerd on a mongoose.

Anyway... just remember it's probably nothing that you did. Your options are (a) to tough it out with this dude, (b) to try and find another shop that feels like it offers a better social experience; or (c) to sneak around the outside of the shop in a fake mustache and glasses and only go in when you know the owner is nowhere around.

/2cents