Old 06-04-12, 12:13 PM
Shawn Parr

Bikes: Trek DS 8.3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by addictedhealer
So what's the point of the spacer? So i just need to head to lbs and have them order what I want. I plan on new shifters and grips with this package so its gonna cost me couple hundred. But would like to stay on the cheap side for the fact I'm not a hardcore cyclists its just my wheels around town.
I converted grips and shifters on a 7100 and have a warning. I used Shimano EZFire (EZF51?) controls, and it turned out they were not compatible with the SRAM rear derailleur, so I also had to replace that. I went with an Shimano Altus rear derailleur as I mostly use the 7100 as a bike to learn mechanical skills on.

Apparently some (or maybe all? IDK) SRAM derailleurs use a different pull ratio than the Shimano stuff.

And it does look like you have the stem at the lowest position already, so GiantCFR1 has what is probably the best solution unless you can find a quill style stem that would be lower down. I've only been dealing with bikes since January so I'm not the best for that sort of information...

If you do find a solution please post it as I'm interested in how it could be done. I may make a few more tweaks to my 7100 and sell it, and that could be an interesting option if the buyer wants a lower handlebar setup.