Old 06-12-12, 10:14 PM
realestvin7
Large Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by southpawboston
Okay, I'll put this out here. Since people are posting complete bikes to trade rather than just frames that don't fit them, I'll take a stab and see what comes of this. I have a complete bike that I'd like to trade, size for size but different type of bike. 1988 Panasonic-built Schwinn Voyageur, Columbus Tenax tubing, built up with 1983-1986 mixed comp set and some new parts thrown in. The frame itself was acquired through a trade way back on this very thread-- in fact I think I was tied for first place for the first successful trade on this thread. Anyway, I lovingly built this frame up with the creme de la creme of 1980s Japanese touring parts and adding thoughtful touches, thinking it would be fun to have a fully loaded vintage tourer. But fast forward more than a year, and I haven't used it for anything other than short rambles. The fact of the matter is that I'll probably never do any loaded touring, at least not until the kids have flown the coop, and that's not for awhile. Until then, I hope to eventually join a randonneuring club and start doing brevet series. I need something lighter and more flexy than a loaded tourer.

So I'll offer up my Voyageur, complete bike, partial bike or frameset only, for a 60-62ctc complete/partial bike or frameset with a top tube of at least 57.5ctc. Any vintage considered, up to mid-80s. Must be lightweight with a tubeset of some provenance (Reynolds, Columbus, etc), made for 700c wheels, high-end comps if complete bike. Can be British, French, American, Japanese, possibly Italian. Condition as good as my Voyageur, which is to say, original paint and decals, no rust, but scratches and touchups okay.

Some ideas-- Raleigh Professional, Raleigh Competition, Motobecane LeChampion, some higher end Fuji, or something more esoteric okay too.

Man, I wish that bike were shorter.