Old 07-01-12, 06:07 PM
zeppinger

Bikes: Giant FCR3, Surly LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wahoonc
I have traveled for up to a month with a total of 2 basic outfits with a spare set of underclothes. Everything I was wearing was easily hand washed and would dry overnight or come very close to it. Interesting way to travel, but also quite liberating compared to the usual suit bag, suit case and brief case load.

Aaron
I just got back from a 10 month cycling trip across Asia and this is exactly what I did. I had one long sleeve shirt, two short sleeve shirts, one pair of shorts, one pair of pants, two pairs underwear, two pairs socks, one sweater. one rain shell. Admittedly, I wore through at least one shirt and two pairs of shorts during the trip but they were usually mended several times before finally being tossed out.

I agree that more is not always more and that less is not always less. I think the most inefficient thing about having a lot of clothes, other than the volume of space it takes up, is that lots of garments will simply never get worse and you will eventually not fit it right anymore or it will go out of style ect.... Even reading a fashion blog the other day the "fashion shopping expert" advised not to buy any clothes that you don't LOVE! Thats because we tend to only wear our top 4-5 outfits over and over again rather than actually cycle through our entire wardrobes. I wear something you don't like as much when you can just wash something you do? Point being is that there is more than enough clothing out there in the world so don't spend hard earned dollars on anything thats going to be sitting the game of life out on the bench.