View Single Post
Old 08-02-12, 11:19 AM
pacificcyclist

Bikes: 2012 Masi Speciale CX : 2013 Ghost 29er EBS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Take a look at this article as it's very similar to the situation the OP faced.. Before you blame the cyclist for being unprepared like this young lady being unprepared for having enough money for the bus fare, understand the implication and the ending..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hort-fare.html

All she was short of was 20 pence or 30 cents US dollar to get on the bus. Not one passenger was willing to lend 30 cents to her to get on the bus nor would the bus driver looking the other way to let her on which forces her to walk home alone at night and was ***** and brutally beaten beyond recognition. I'm sure the driver has regretted that decision and maybe asking himself if he's a bad guy. Probably every passenger that night who refused to lend or give her 30cents US to make good on her fare always have this lingering guilt that I could have saved her that night too! Am I a bad guy or gal? Of course the bus company said the driver was doing his job. The sad part when this happened, I recalled commentaries stating that is all her fault because she wasn't prepared to ensure she has full fare and that it was her fault and the fault of the ******. Strangely enough, everyone else involved in this incidence while showing no moral support are completely innocent. It's easy to shift all the blame when you're on a comfortable couch or in her case, all the passengers in the comfortable heated bus for not even sparing 30 cents US so she can get home safely.

I think we can talk all we can about the OP's situation and making him feel good because it's not his fault and it is not his responsibility to be his support vehicle. Likewise, this is a complex issue and only god in the end can judge us.

Last edited by pacificcyclist; 08-02-12 at 11:24 AM.