View Single Post
Old 08-16-12, 07:31 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by keystothekid
Originally Posted by caloso
Perhaps the passer has found, like I have, that when you call out "on your left!" more often than not the passee swerves to the left and into your path.
This. Like a few have said before me, if the person I'm coming upon is cruising in a straight line and there's no one else around I don't feel the on your left is needed. I usually slow my speed down and come up on them slowly and make sure no one is behind me before passing. Just like in a car. If I'm on unfamiliar territory I'll say something and make sure there's a long enough straight bit so that I don't cause any trouble.

Just the other day I was coming up on a really sharp turn to loop under a bridge and this guy tried to pass me right before the descent. I had no idea he was there...which wouldn't of bothered me if he'd just waited to pass after the most dangerous part of the entire freaking path! There's nothing worse than a slow passer in a bad area.
I can top that. A couple of weeks ago I was near the top of one of the overpasses on The Pinellas Trail. When some moron I guess it would be "cute" to ride his bike right at me. Fortunately there was enough room to avoid him.