View Single Post
Old 10-11-12, 08:26 AM
andychrist
Devil's Advocate

Bikes: Fuji Del Rey, Bacchetta Giro 20, RANS Stratus XP XL, RANS Stratus XP XXL, RANS Stratus LE XL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by batrike
Thanks to all of you even the ones just find it ridiculous to the idea of a heavier setup when a light one should suffice.But i believe i am going to go ahead with it,i think a metal frame 76"L x 36"W x 50"H with a tricycle type setup 20" wheels to even the weight and put less strain on the hitch,a triangle front to cut the wind should help, some type of light aluminum sheeting.Well that's about what i got for now,i will start looking in the frame forum see if i can find a shop that can build it here in NYC (prefer to leave that to an expert)if you know somebody let me know and then go from there.

Sorry but I've towed cargo trailers over 20,000 miles and your pipedream just cracks me up.

Originally Posted by stevepusser
Something a bit better designed, I think. Four wheels? What for? And the reviews say it's shoddily built and designed.
I've posted about this before: The OP on that Amazon thread later realized that he had assembled the trailer incorrectly, and once he had corrected his mistake it operated fine. You have to follow all the comments to the end to discover that, unfortunately for the vendor.