Old 12-19-12, 12:26 PM
ksisler

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hukapits
Dear all, I'm kind a get an idea of joining my road hub/freehub with their 16 and 20 spokes respectively with 32 or 36 cyclo cross rims. Why do I wanna do that ? it's because the rims especially the rear one of my current road wheelset has been seen to wear out but fortunately their hub, freehub and spokes still work very fine. It's kind a sad story if I have to put my wheel to rest only due to the unavailability of identical replacement rims (rims with the same amount of holes) that's where my idea come from. It's kind a impossible to get that type of replacement at my LBS's. So has anybody ever had similar idea as mine and make it to reality ? or does anybody have suggestions why I should or should not do that ? Please enlighten me Thx Huka
Many issues others have and will continue to offer advice on as to why you shouldn't do this. If you are going to do it anyway, you might have better luck with a 20 spoke hub if you use a 40 spoke tandem rim. I still wouldn't recommend it except in the scenario that you are 200 miles out in boonies in a cabin with a broken wheel and the cabin just happens to have a spare 40 hole rim, spoke tools, and an assortment of spokes... then I would make an effort of getting back to the residence or LBS or something like that.

Hope that helps
K