Thread: Which IGH bike?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-12, 11:07 PM
chucky
It's got electrolytes!

Bikes: Self-designed carbon fiber highracer, BikesDirect Kilo WT5, Pacific Cycles Carryme, Dahon Boardwalk with custom Sturmey Archer wheelset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Head on over to Classic&Vintage or Bike Mechanics. We'll help you fix up your bikes.
I know how to fix my bikes, but it takes time to diagnose the problem, secure or fabricate the parts, get the right tools/materials, etc, etc.

As mentioned earlier, all my bikes are folders and recumbents...and heavily heavily customized at that with already nonstandard parts custom modified or redesigned by myself (for example, I have the frame of my recumbent flipped upside down from the way the manufacturer intended in order to change the geometry to suit a different wheel size...have you built any of your bikes with the frame upside down?) so I sincerely doubt you'd be able to help me with those repairs (for example, can you tell me what kind of tool I need to take apart the seized freewheel which is located INSIDE the bottom bracket on one of my folders? No, I simply have to take the time to inspect and measure it myself because its a one-of-a-kind)...and when I have asked for help in the past I've mostly been told to just get a normal bike which is why I finally decided to create this thread because although I am certain that my bikes are far superior to normal designs I am getting damn tired of sometimes having to literally reinvent the wheel every time one of my bikes is in need of repair.

So, yes, I would like to head over to Classic&Vintage and Bike Mechanics for your help, but first I need a bike that is normal enough for you to help me.