Old 12-20-12, 08:11 AM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 326 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11993 Post(s)
Liked 6,713 Times in 3,509 Posts
I'll admit, my calculations to allow a bit of freedom amongst the regulars in this thread only during normal times, bit me in the ass. Even in the best of conditions, however, I'm convinced the gravity of the Newton tragedy rendered it almost impossible to NOT talk about. And of course discussing topics involving strongly held beliefs is bound to get out of hand, and so it did.

Moderating is a balancing act, derived from the term 'moderate'. I tried to do that with this thread so as not to promote a stifling atmosphere. I'm convinced it works in here most of the time. But I'm always ready to put a cap on things should outsiders or non-regulars be drawn in, which is the reason I went to a simple thread-naming naming convention, to not attract outsiders (non-regulars).

The Newton tragedy was so egregious as to become the exception to the norm. I admit I should have squashed it early on, but hindsight is always 20-20. Let's hope we all learned from the experience of a bad day, and may all hurt feelings smooth over with time.

Peace.

Now, I gotta run outta here . . . be back later.