Old 02-26-13, 03:46 PM
Ludkeh
alpine cross trainer

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Quintara Roo Sendoza, DaVici In-2-Ition Tandem,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 8 Posts
A year ago, after some health issues which severely reduced my bike riding, I had gotten all the way up to 192 lb. I'm 5'8" tall so I was getting on the chunky side. Once I got back on the bike, it really affected my hill climbing ability and stamina . I told myself something had to change!!! My goal was to get my BMI to the middle of the "normal" range, I wasn't so much concerned with my final weight.. My goal was to get my BMI of about 21-22.

I didn't diet, but began tracking my caloric intake. I used Livestrongs website to track my daily food intake which helped me be very aware of what I was eating. I tried to keep my calories to about 2000 per day. The site also helped me track my weight. For me, what helped the most was this rule. AFTER SUPPER, DON'T LET ANY FOOD PASS YOUR LIPS TILL BREAKFAST.

A year later, I'm down to 140 lb's and feel great!! Medium cycling clothing feels a tad loose! My BMI is under 22. This is as of the end of Febuary before our cycling season really starts. I'm hoping for some good riding this summer!!

PS: And yes, people are going to whisper. My wife regularly gets asked " is your husband alright or is he sick" or something to that effect. I figure, when they start asking those questions, I'm close to my fighting weight!!