Old 04-26-13, 08:20 AM
Scrodzilla
Your cog is slipping.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by duvinclunk
Now with your expeience in the bike/fixed gear world, do you typically suggest or recommend individuals get properly sized (real fitment) for a bike that will solely be used around the city or do you typically get it 'pretty close' to what people should actually be riding?
I usually go with pretty close because if the frame size is in the right range, other factors can be adjusted based on the individual rider's needs (within reason). All my bikes have slightly different measurements/geo but they are all close enough to each other the way I have them set up that they are all comfortable for me. However, I wouldn't ever want to ride a century on my Leader 725 but I didn't build it with all-day rides as its intended purpose.

Based on what my fit calculations say, I should have a 120mm stem on my Bareknuckle but I know that would be very uncomfortable for me. This being said, I should also "technically" be wearing size 11.5 Vans but because I have wide feet, I find size 12s to be much better. Putting two people with the exact same body proportions on identical bikes sized according to bike fit results doesn't mean they will both find everything about the bikes to be perfect.

Calculations are numbers. People don't ride numbers, they ride bikes.

Last edited by Scrodzilla; 04-26-13 at 08:43 AM.