View Single Post
Old 05-02-13, 06:01 AM
bunkiefd4

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1) I am a animal lover, I don't believe in animal cruelty but its gotten to far.
2) I may try that dog whistle.
3) I forgot to mention, the guys wife was actually outside the other evening and witnessed me running from the whole pack of dogs.
4) Yes running from them sounds like a good idea but its not because, on my way to work I can kinda out run them, the house sits on a small hill so I have the advantage going to work. But going home I have to climb the hill and I'm sitting meat for them. I have to pick up my brand new 2013 Specialized Roubaix and swing the bike back and forth at them while I walk backwards to walk away. This is really starting to be a pain. Very frustrating.
5) Ive tried sprays, it doesn't work. I can't spray all the dogs at the same time safely. There's to many of them. They get on both sides of me and I have to watch my ankles and kick. Plus, I'm not spending anymore money out of pocket because of this. I even put acid in a Lowes spray bottle, but again, I can't spray all the dogs efficiently enough to make a difference.

My buddy from the SO called me back last night, after I started this thread, and said for me to get the guys address and they will send a deputy out there to put the fear of God in him. If that doesn't work, he said for me to do what I have to do to defend myself.

Im gonna let my buddy send a road deputy out there and try to resolve this ONE MORE TIME. If that doesn't work I will take actions into my own hands.

Yes I can safely shoot them if I have to. They chase me about 100 yards, in that area there is no houses and I can clearly see if there are any vehicles coming down the road. The only way it would work out is, I would have to do this the trip to work, that way the hill can be to my advantage so I can kinda get in front of them in the open area and do what I have to do.

I know some of you are thinking, my God, this guy is crazy. But people, this problem has gotten to bad. Y'all have no idea how bad this is and how hard it is to defend yourself against 7 mutts chomping at your ankles.

Once more, I will try to do the rite thing one more time.

Oh by the way, our parish does not have any type of animal control. Just in the city. And this is taking place outside the city limits.