Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked 765 Times in 432 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnytheboy
i do. thanks.
you do know that dura ace is available in mechanical 11 speed right? as far as mechanical shifting goes, it's the smoothest shifting groupset to date, imo.
personally....i'd take ultegra 6770 over dura ace 9070...and i did.
i'm not on the 11sp bandwagon just yet....
Oh, I'm totally onboard with you on using mature technology. I just bought a Salsa Colossal Ti road bike that's rocking 105 and Ultegra mechanical. It shifts better than my first generation Dura Ace on my 9 y/o road bike, and costs a lot less. When I first got my old road bike, Dura Ace had just come out with 10-speed, and Ultegra was still 9-speed, so I had to buy the very expensive DA cassettes with Ti cogs. I waited until Ultegra cassettes were available at less than half the price before I bought any more of them. I like the fact with 10-speed you can now use chains with quick links, so that you can easily remove and re-install the chain for cleaning w/o having to break the chain and then put in a new special pin with a special tool. In fact, the chain that came with my Salsa is a KMC with a quick link.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me

Last edited by TejanoTrackie; 06-22-13 at 08:21 AM.