View Single Post
Old 06-23-13, 09:26 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
This thread is so "41". Trying to change minds that don't know how to change. CO2 is a sensible, compact, fast, convenient and reliable way to inflate tires when a fully functional floor pump is not available. If you agree, I congratulate you on your good common sense. If you disagree, no problem. I congratulate you on your fortitude and persistence. You're the one sweating out the alternatives. More power to you. Now, is everybody happy? I do wonder this, however: If you are committed to a manual pump for on-road tire changes, why not also be committed to a quality full size frame mountable pump that was really designed to do the job like a Zefal? Pump the tire if you must, but at least do it right. As far as the environment is concerned...you have to be kidding. In what universe would a well managed, cradle-to-grave supply and recycle chain for CO2 cartridges not compare favorably with human effort to pump up a tire? And if not, how significantly?