Old 07-05-13, 12:40 PM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked 659 Times in 372 Posts
Originally Posted by Barrettscv
Edwardsville, IL or Columbia, Missouri

Edwardsville has a web of bike paths that extend 100 miles in Illinois and provide good access to the Katy Trail in Missouri. It's a College town. It's also a commuter town by car to St. Louis.

Columbia has several Universities and also offers easy Access to the Katy Trail.

The weather is far milder than NE Illinois and year around cycling should not be too difficult.

I'm 90% sure that I'll relocated to Edwardsville at the end of the year. I'll keep my job, which involves business travel across Illinois and Missouri. I expect to remain in my career with good stability for another 10 or 12 years. Staying in this part of the midwest with an annual extended trip to a second home is small-town Italy is our plan once full retirement starts.
If you do re-locate to Edwardsville, and I'm still on the road next year, (still not sure that will be the case). we might be able to hook up for a ride some time. I get through Edwardsville / Granite City from time to time. I'd love to try out the trail system there.