Old 07-17-13, 02:15 PM
EddyR

Bikes: 1992, Cannondale R900. 1991 Paramount pdg

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 68 Posts
1972 Raleigh Gran Sport

I started a thread in Oct 2011 http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ighlight=eddyr on this bike. It was in very good condition except the original owner had repainted it some time around 1980. It was updated also around that time as the original owner was trying to get the most out of the frame. The repaint was very old and it looked dingy and had a few runs in it. I could not find any remains of the original paint so I did not know the original color. It had been changed so much I decided to give it a racing color from that area. I added a Super Maxie crank set and a SuperBe Pro rear derailleur. It still has the old tires but they will soon be gone. It is complete except for decals and bar tape. It is almost to big for me at 60CM. It weighs 22lb 4 ounces with pedals ready to ride. Duplicolor auto paint with two part clear over it. I have a few miles on it and it rides pretty much like I expected a 1970's 531 frame would ride. NOTE I know I put Grand Sport but it is a Gran Sport. I can't find a way to change the title spelling.
Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Raleigh Gran Sprot.jpg (99.7 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by EddyR; 07-17-13 at 02:18 PM.