Old 09-17-05, 10:28 AM
Gojohnnygo.
Burn-em Upus Icephaltus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update Court TV

With chilling nonchalance, Vang told Wisconsin Attorney General Peg Lautenschlager that three of his victims deserved to die, as members of the audience listened in disbelief.

"Can you tell me if on that day Joseph Crotteau deserved to die?" Lautenschlager asked, holding up a poster of the six victims for him to look at.

"Yes," Vang said after a long pause. "Because he accused me of giving him [the] finger and he cut in front of me when I tried to get on, and called me names."

Vang said also singled out 20-year-old Joey Crotteau's father, Robert, as "the one that confronted me the first time," along with family friend Allan Laski.

Vang testified that Laski also had a gun, although the defense presented no evidence that Laski was armed when Vang shot him three times in the back.

Vang said Robert Crotteau cursed and "disrespected" him by calling him names such as "gook," "*****" and "f---ing Asian."

Some of the victims' friends and relatives, who filled six rows of seats, dabbed away tears as Vang, the third and final witness in the defense case, described how he methodically shot each of his victims in terms eerily like a hunting scene.

He said that he pursued Joey Crotteau nearly 400 feet through the woods, shooting him at least four times, stopping to reload and waiting for "a clear shot" that dropped the 20-year-old dead to the ground.

While describing the incident from the stand, Vang pantomimed aiming and firing a rifle.

The medical examiner who performed the autopsy testified earlier in the day that the fourth gunshot to the back of his (Joey Crotteau) neck killed him.