TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked 766 Times in 432 Posts
VISP becomes Pre Cursa

Well, the Dolan Pre Cursa frameset arrived today, so I hurriedly stripped the VISP of its components and transferred them to the Pre Cursa. The only parts that I didn't use were the seatpost, which came with the Pre Cursa, stem because the one on the VISP was too short, and chain because it was worn so I put on a new Wippermann Whitestar I had in the parts bin. The aerus carbon/aluminum stem is a takeoff from my old geared road bike. So basically I didn't spend a dime on the new build other than the frameset itself. I weighed it and it's exactly a pound lighter than the VISP was. About half of the weight loss was in the frame and the rest in the fork. I was running out of daylight when I took the outdoor photo, so the bike wasn't dialled in and the front brake was not connected because the cable housing was too short. Also, I left a lot of fork steerer tube on it to be safe and plenty of chain links. I had to file down the stupid safety tabs on the front fork dropouts because they interfered with the track nut washers. The big shock was when the UPS lady said that I owed them $35.16 for a "brokerage fee" in customs. This was on top of the hefty $118.34 shipping fee from the UK. So, basically shipping costs accounted for 37% of the total $416.50 cost. Dolan was nice enough to thrown in a track bag for free.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMGP1610.jpg (102.9 KB, 56 views)
IMGP1611.jpg (96.0 KB, 72 views)
IMGP1612.jpg (103.3 KB, 72 views)

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me