Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked 766 Times in 432 Posts
Originally Posted by gregjones
TT...........

Don't you have several Charge Spoon saddles and one Knife (that I know of)???

Is there any big difference other than the Ti rails???

I bought a Spoon, no reference to J***, and like it. Is the Knife any better, other than weight???
Both saddles have about the same shape and dimensions, but the knife has less padding and the rails are about 1/2 inch closer to the top of the saddle. The spoon has a sticky swede type surface that grabs a bit at your pants, whereas the knife is a more of a smooth textured leatherette with little divots to keep your butt from sliding around too much. I find the spoon more comfortable when riding in jeans or cargo shorts in a more upright stance, such as with risers and the knife better with padded lycra bibs and riding in a more aggressive bent over position on drops or the tips of horns. In fact, I just swapped the knife on my Leader, which I changed from road drops to risers, with the spoon I had mounted on my Dolan, which has road drops with hoods. So, I'd say the spoon is more of a touring/commuting saddle and the knife is more of a race saddle.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me