Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What I would like to do is:
1- narrow down my search to 3-5 models and try them in LBS
2 - choose wich one I like the best
3 - compare a few stores including some in the US and... and do the math of
( free maintenance for a year vs USA pricing )

- Hiro11
Originally Posted by Hiro11
[B]Don't get hung up on brand, they're all made by the same three OEMs anyway. Just pick something that fits, has the features you want and looks nice.
dont worry thats the only advantage i have, to be really new to the cycling world

thanks Hiro, you can't imagine how greatfull I am for your in detail response
I would have a few more things to ask
- I agree whit you, shopping arroud for a race bicycle does sound more exiting, but I agree I think I would be alot happyer in the long run whit a bike that is a little more relax
- 1 thing, I am 24 years of age ( not that it maters ) but, from my experience of riding ( really low), I do enjoy more ... responsive rides, I enjoyed immensely riding a fixed gear for a while because of the ... responsiveness it gave me. I prefer something a little more on the stiff side then on the comfy side, but I'm whit you 100% that I probably would enjoy a posture that is a little more relaxed. if that makes any sense.
so given this into account + my wall of text, what bike models would you suggest me to look into first ? so I get something to started. time is really my ally here.
and those were the reason... not sure why I was looking a little more on aluminum then carbon or steel, being a little stiffer and more water resistant was i thought the smartest choice

- seymour1910
Thanks I will look into that
- mpath
those are great looking bike, I kinda got told to try to avoid low en carbon, not sure if its a made up thing or not

Last edited by LouisD; 11-20-13 at 05:16 PM.