View Single Post
Old 12-04-13, 08:56 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by MrCjolsen
So I did a couple test runs with good batteries after using the onboard charger. Last night I rode home and it took 29 minutes for the first little blue indicator light to go out. When I shut the light off, it was 55 minutes and I still had two little blue lights going. I didn't charge it, and today I'll see how much longer it goes when I ride to work.
Problem with rechargeable batteries that a lot of companies do not put in the instructions which I've could never figure out why they don't, but when you first buy a product that is rechargeable you have to charge it for 24 hours regardless if after 4 or so hours the charger light indicates fully charged. Then you have to run the batteries to complete discharge and a full recharge 3 times in a row, after that the batteries will be fully useable anyway you see fit. I have read that at least once a year you should still fully discharge the battery then fully recharge. Phillips told me that over the phone, but it's no where in their instructions, and I have bought rechargeable batteries for other stuff and they don't mentioned that either, nor did my L & M Vis 180 or my Cygolite ExpiliOn 350! I don't know if Phillips was accurate about that or not, but I did what they said and I get a full 2 hours on high and 8 on low exactly as their specs say it will run for.

If I were you I would try running the batteries to exhaustion, and fully recharge for 24 hours, then repeat that 3 times and see what happens, it won't hurt to try it. I did mention in an earlier post that my first light came with a bad battery and all I could get was about an hour of run time, Phillips replaced the entire light with new bats and since then it runs as their specs say.

If your light is still under warranty and you can get near 2 hours then contact Phillips for a warranty adjustment. Then when you get the new light do the recharge stuff I outlined.