Old 03-06-14, 03:19 PM
used2ridealot

Bikes: Mercier Galaxy SC1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A few more tips....

For a quick clean of your frame..I use furniture polish from a spray can and a microfiber towel. Spray polish onto towel and wipe on frame. Cleans and protects for a little while. I have only tried this on painted frames and only steel and aluminum. Don't know how it would affect Carbon fiber but if it's painted, it should be good. Just don't spray on frame directly as overspray can get on tires and other areas and make it very slippery.

To get surface rust off steel , I have used a piece of aluminum foil and some water and rubbed the foil over the rust and it disappears. Then clean and it looks nice and shiny.

If you have any empty baby food jars and need to store assorted nuts, bolts and other small items. I have screwed the lid of the jar onto the underside of a shelf using a wood screw. I then remove the label from the jar and now have hanging storage for all my items and can see what they are inside because of the clear glass. Easy to install and easy to remove from shelf while keeping your work area clean.

Thanks for all the tips I have seen on this thread.