View Single Post
Old 10-06-05, 12:54 PM
FXjohn

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2985 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Wind 'N Snow
Regardless of what the real story is, this story isn't about LA, Drug use, or even doping in sports.

It is a thinly veiled attempt by the european cycling community to spin more interest in road cycling issues during the coming off season so that can have more interest and intrigue going into next season. That they are doing this at the expense of L.A. and Americans is typical and pathetic.

What's worse is they now they will get a knee jerk reaction from Americans (and LA) which will further enflame the issue and get more coverage.

I mean this stuff was on primetime news in the states and Canada. Cycling is usually a "who cares sport" reported on the last page of the sports section besides lawn bowling with only finishing times and names.

This is the International (european) Cycling machine's attempt to garner more interest and to do so by proving that everyone is right to hate americans "good" ones and "bad" ones. I mean, I'm not American. I've been to Europe. Of course I hate Americans, why woudn't I? PULEASE! This is infantile.

It is a facile news article and journalists are eating up the crap that the spin doctors are putting on their plates.

Did LA cheat? He and those close to him only know. Now is not the time to start fixing the "wrongs" of past athletics - iif there are in this case. Are Superbowl rings going to be taken back, Are World Cup trophies going to be withdrawn? Even the IOC taking back of Medals has a statute of limitations.

Move on gentlemen and ladies, who cares what some seven year old pee smells like!
Wow...nicely stated!!