Old 03-25-14, 10:20 AM
dmcg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
OP - watch this video

Thanks. Good information to have. I'm not sure it is 100% relevant to me though, since it doesn't take into account a lot of things that I consider important for the type of riding I do. I'm not a racer or a tourer, heck I rarely go over 15mph (although my wife wants to change that). I'd like a more upright position for better visibility in traffic. I want to consider the fact that 90% of the riding I do will have me stopping every couple of blocks. I'd probably just get a city bike if they weren't so heavy to carry up the stairs (and the fact they don't feel very agile in traffic)

Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
In that case, learn how to ride a bike properly.
Thanks. Definitely on the agenda.

Although I haven't noticed very many people in the city on road bikes have very elegant starts off the line. Tons of people seem to have to push off a couple of times with one foot while leaning the bike way over and trying to push down with the other foot just to get started. So I'll take solace in the fact that I'm not alone in not knowing how to ride a bike very well. I think I now understand why so many fixed gear guys don't stop at lights, they have too much trouble getting started again.