Old 03-25-14, 11:40 AM
Velocivixen

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
@ wrk101 - yes, Portland has many coops as you know. They are my friends! Good to know on the removable claw. I don't own a metal vice, but this would be a fantastic reason to go get one.
@RaleighSport - my idea exactly! I've been looking on CL to perhaps find a moto of similar vintage and use it for parts. I'm not in a huge hurry, but I am going to switch the bars back.
Here are a few photos:

First picture is right when I bought it, 2nd & 3rd are of course rear derailleur setup, and 4th is current. It's just alright. I noticed immediately when I mounted the new bars that they felt "wide" and less responsive than the original bars, however the bike is a bit big for me, so that's why I thought a swept back bar would compensate a little. I rarely ride this bike any more since I spent a bunch of money "fixing it up"!. I used to stare at it adoringly and LOVED to ride it, but now it just hangs in the garage....I will definitely put the old stem/bars back on, likely use Fizik Microtek in black, and install either a B17 Special in Honey or maybe just a black B17 (opinions?). The shifters will be bar end - I was able to get Suntour down tube cable stop at coop in order to mount the shifters to bar ends. Coops are great!
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1114.jpg (49.3 KB, 104 views)
IMG_1229.jpg (65.9 KB, 107 views)
IMG_1259.jpg (74.2 KB, 108 views)
IMG_2478.jpg (93.4 KB, 110 views)